My goal is not to make a billion dollars. My goal is to help seven billion people have happier, healthier lives than they do now. It's going to tai e a lot more money than I currently have to accomplish this goal. I believe that if my objective were to make a bunch of money so I could sit around and do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, I wouldn't be happy no matter how much money I had. I also believe money won't materially in my life until I have confident expectation for it.
Once I have a solid plan, and I begin to work toward the fruition of my plan, the money I need to finance my plan will become available. At the moment, I have a tentative plan, a vague idea of what I want to do and where I need to begin to start doing it, but, the more I focus, the more clearly I can define my objectives, the more resourceful I will become, and the more resources I will receive.
There is an element of expectation at play in the universe. I grew up believing I would never amount to anything. I didn't consciously realize this belief existed until recently, when I was doing a meditation exercise. Once I discovered this underlying idea, I was able to challenge it and clear it out of my mental thought structures. I was also able to see how this one, hidden belief was wrecking my life. Every time I would begin to develop the slightest amount of personal success in my life, I would somehow sabotage everything. I would quit, run away, or become paralyzed with fear and fail to follow through on any of the grandiose ideas I had planned. I believed nothing would ever work out for me, and I was right.
Now, I'm beginning to realize that anything is possible. I've managed to accomplish some rather amazing personal goals. I haven't done anything crazy like climb Mt. Everest or run 100 miles consecutively. But I did climb Mt. Pilchuck, and finished a marathon in under six hours. I've given birth four times and helped to raise four incredibly awesome young women. And, I've managed to keep the same job for over seven months now, a task I thought wouldn't be possible at this time last year. Anything can happen. Great things are going to happen. A life beyond my wildest dreams is going to happen. I just have to expect it to.
Once I have a solid plan, and I begin to work toward the fruition of my plan, the money I need to finance my plan will become available. At the moment, I have a tentative plan, a vague idea of what I want to do and where I need to begin to start doing it, but, the more I focus, the more clearly I can define my objectives, the more resourceful I will become, and the more resources I will receive.
There is an element of expectation at play in the universe. I grew up believing I would never amount to anything. I didn't consciously realize this belief existed until recently, when I was doing a meditation exercise. Once I discovered this underlying idea, I was able to challenge it and clear it out of my mental thought structures. I was also able to see how this one, hidden belief was wrecking my life. Every time I would begin to develop the slightest amount of personal success in my life, I would somehow sabotage everything. I would quit, run away, or become paralyzed with fear and fail to follow through on any of the grandiose ideas I had planned. I believed nothing would ever work out for me, and I was right.
Now, I'm beginning to realize that anything is possible. I've managed to accomplish some rather amazing personal goals. I haven't done anything crazy like climb Mt. Everest or run 100 miles consecutively. But I did climb Mt. Pilchuck, and finished a marathon in under six hours. I've given birth four times and helped to raise four incredibly awesome young women. And, I've managed to keep the same job for over seven months now, a task I thought wouldn't be possible at this time last year. Anything can happen. Great things are going to happen. A life beyond my wildest dreams is going to happen. I just have to expect it to.
No comments:
Post a Comment