Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day Thirteen

Make the most of every opportunity. You never know where your next blessing is going to come from, so stay on the ready and pay attention. Everything is starting to change in my life. New challenges are surfacing every day, and I'm beginning to develop a spirit of positive expectation. I used to dread each new day because I saw everything as a burden or a hassle of some kind. But I feel so grateful now.

This morning I was in tears because I feel like the richest person in the world. My actual finances haven't changed much yet, but my attitude is founded on the concept that there's more than enough to go around now instead of remaining stuck in my scarcity mentally that has plagued me for so long. I haven't become reckless, or careless, with my money; I just feel abundant.

Today was my first day working at a new store. I transferred from one retail location to another within the same company. It's still minimum wage, but at least now I'm working full-time. One of their conditions for the position was an eager intent to move up in the company. At lunch time, I noticed a position posted for a stockroom lead at another store. I'm going to apply for it. I'm a bit apprehensive; I've never done well before with accepting more responsibility. And yet, I feel like it's the right thing for me to do. It would be a promotion, and I'd finally be able to get an increase in pay. The store is also closer to where I live; less of a commute is always a good thing with Seattle traffic.

Don't despise the days of small beginnings. Working my butt off just to get by might be where I'm at right now, but it's not where I'm going to stay. I have a bright, beautiful future in store for me; I know it.  I'll probably always work my butt off; I love to feel the sense of accomplishment and pride in a job well done. However, I plan to incrementally advance my ability to make a difference in the world. One day at a time, one step after another, and one opportunity sought after the next, and I will arrive at my desired destination, at least until I start working on my next goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment